Historic Masonic Theatre and Masonic Amphitheatre
A three-story, Beaux Arts brick building with pilastered facade, a cove ceiling lobby and original performance hall with stage and balcony, the historic theatre has been transformed into a performing arts, entertainment, education, and community facility. Once known as The Mason Hall and Opera House, the building was constructed in 1905. Steeped in local history, the Historic Masonic Theatre remained the oldest continuously operating theatre in the Commonwealth of Virginia until closing its doors temporarily in 1987.
The Historic Masonic Theatre has been restored to its former glory. It features live music and theatrical performances and is home to the Virginia Opry and the Southern Gospel Review.
Visit their website for a current listing of events.
Amphitheatre offers outdoor performances including concerts, shows, auctions, flea markets and outdoor movies; also has a community park.
Admission: Varies by performance